GEA "WE’RE WORKING ON IT"
NETWORKING & COMMUNICATION
- Connecting you to opportunities through the facilitation of professional networks;
- To create alliances and connect businesses to each other regionally, nationally and on the global stage;
- Keeping you updated through research, legislation, industry news and information.
The GEA proactively represents, supports and promotes the capability, competitiveness and interests of GEA members via networking events and publications throughout the year. It is GEA’s goal to facilitate events where networking with other businesses is paramount to implement growth opportunities for our members.
ADVOCATE & INFLUENCE CHANGE
- Creating a sustainable community by encouraging investment and attraction to the region;
- Promoting our members as a highly skilled supply chain;
- Representing your interests by influencing policy and decision makers through providing a single voice.
GEA recognise that economic development in our region is heavily contingent upon maximising local content and supply opportunities. We are proud to play a pivotal role in delivering tailored responses to local content issues within our specific area of operation and are committed to working together to address key regional issues such as business sustainability, local industry participation and regional development.
GLADSTONE ENGINEERING ALLIANCE
GEA works collaboratively with business, industry and government stakeholders. Membership of the GEA is a great investment for any business – small, medium or large. Fees are based on employee numbers of the company joining.
- Australia wide tender information and supply opportunities;
- Regular information on matters that encompass and influence Central Queensland including news and developments, relevant research and reports, community, business, and industry activities;
- Professional development via workshops, seminars, and major industry expo and conference;
- Networking amoung 200+ companies;
- Assistance with contracts for Qld major resource and supply chain.
SUPPLY CHAIN OPTIMISATION
- Working with industry to identify supply gaps and opportunities;
- To build the capability and capacity to meet best practise;
- To ensure our members have full, fair and reasonable opportunity to supply goods and services.
GEA understand the pressures and problems faced by managing the complexities of the supply chain, and are continually working with our members to identifying and implement the efficiencies that optimise their operations to maximise quality, production and supply chain performance. Backed by the strength of a strong stakeholder network, GEA communicates to members the latest supply chain needs, ideas and innovations. In addition GEA works with end users to create a manageable, risk-free and optimized supply base and cultivate lasting business relationships with suppliers.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest major projects and industry updates;
- Connecting you to new work opportunities;
- Sharing our knowledge of funding and opportunities to innovate, adapt and grow your business
GEA brings together an active professional service team that works with our members to help identify your markets, develop your network and ensure when projects (Private and Public) come about, your business is put forward and promoted as a supplier with the capabilities to perform work.
With our combined industry experience and proven track record of successfully being utilised by industries, GEA has access to a large network and direct contacts of procurement, mangers and decision makers. We like to be part of our members business, and are always available to discuss opportunity to develop and in general market updates.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND HIGHER EDUCATION
- To develop your business and implement growth opportunities;
- Developing the skills of the local supply chain to build and maintain Gladstone industry;
- To help people in business consciously change and develop for greater success.
Through the infusion of best practices and updated skill-sets, GEA delivers value to the members at all levels of hierarchy.
At GEA, we believe that the most important asset of any organisation is its people. We take pride in providing productivity improvement, engineering-related, thought-leadership and personal development programmes, empowering people with the knowledge needed to perform at their optimum. This in turn translates to greater competitiveness for the organisation.
Supply Chain Optimisation
Professional Services & Higher Education
Networking & Communication
"WE'RE WORKING ON IT"
GLADSTONE ENGINEERING ALLIANCE
The GEA was established in 2003 and is a not for profit membership organisation directed by a committee whom represent the wider membership and a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) engaged to manage GEA operations and service approximately 200 members companies.
Since 2003, GEA has maintained a steady membership and currently represents over 200 members from the Gladstone region, Australia and New Zealand. The network is responsive to the needs of industry in the region, and provides a strong network of member companies and organisations seeking to provide engineering, manufacturing and support services to clients in both the private and public sector. GEA is self-sufficient financially through its memberships and managed functions and events. The GEA advocates for corporate and government funding on a project-by-project basis to the benefit of its members and the local community.
"WE'RE WORKING ON IT"
Gladstone Engineering Alliance has been providing support and services to the manufacturing, engineering and service companies for over 15 years. The “We’re Working On It” Campaign and story has been created to showcase how an alliance of businesses have come together, keep together and work together to create success, and who are passionate to develop and build a better Gladstone.
At GEA, we believe that the most important asset of any organisation is its people, and it’s these people - our members - who every day work to make Gladstone one of the most highly-skilled supply chains.
GEA believes it is imperative that we as a community remember that small to medium enterprises (SMEs) are the heart of the resource sector, it is their efficient, collaborative and innovative approach to fix and maintain plant services and equipment that ensure the longevity of the industry and Gladstone.
The “We’re working on it” is our statement to our members and the Gladstone Business community, that we will continue to provide the services and support to our members, and work together to identify and implement the efficiencies that optimise their operations to maximise quality, production and supply chain performance.
Our Recent Posts